Thursday, January 3, 2008

Resolving to make '08 Great




Can anyone else besides me NOT believe it's already '08??
.
There's a song by Kenny Chesney called "Don't Blink" that comes to my mind a lot. The chorus:
.
"Don't blink, cuz just like that
You're 6 years old and you take a nap
And you wake up & you're 25
Then your high-school sweetheart becomes your wife."
.
I sooo feel that way! I feel like just yesterday I married my sweet husband, and I woke up this morning with 4 kids!!! Where did the last decade go???
.
As have most of you, I've made some resolutions to do better this year. My number one goal is to
.
GET ORGANIZED!!!
.
If you could see through your computer into my house, you'd tell me to RUN, not walk to the nearest store and buy every book on organization they sell! The most frustrating thing is that when I want to be, I'm actually a VERY organized person. In my 'previous' life (b.c.--before children) I was an Executive Secretary in charge of 29 faculty members, 70 graduate students, and more than 400 undergraduates. I was very efficient and didn't have to write down anything to remember it--I stored it all in my (then functioning) brain.
.
Since the kiddos have come along, my memory has gone to pot and I'm so busy playing taxi, chef, and maid that I spend little to no time organizing my life. Now that my youngest is 3 (going on 23), I feel like I've got a bit of time to get myself and my household back in shape.
.
So I think I'll involve you, my readers, in my journey towards order. Maybe I'll post ideas, tips, or just show pictures of my progress thru the year. I'm actually in the middle of organizing my craft room, and specifically getting a stamp set index put together of my 250+ stamp sets (I know, I'm out of control!) I've gotten a good start, but need to endure to the end and "git 'er dun!!!"
.
I'll leave you with the "half way done" pics of my craft room and then you'll know and understand why I'm not posting/stamping every day!!


Make it a great 2008!!!

6 comments:

UrgentCookie said...

The reason you don't have any brains left after having kids is because with each kid you give them part of your brain and then you end up with less. ;0) I certainly know how you feel although I have never been any good at staying organized.

Stampin' Meg said...

I lack that organiztaion gene too- when you figure out the secret please clue me in too!!!!

Monica said...

You go, girl! I believe in you! One of my goals is also to get more organized. I'm starting with going through our closets and going through our boxes (again!) and throwing out any and everything that can go! We're just out of room in our tiny little place, and with Moosie, only more stuff keeps comin'!! From there on out, I'm going to get an address book put together so that I FINALLY have everything in one place (how I'd love a palm/clie/whatever they're calling them these days . . . not so much in the law school budget, I'm afraid!). THEN (you'll be so proud), the goal is to get my pics organized so I can . . . yes, you're reading it correctly . . . SCRAPBOOK! Like my friend told me, I need to be "reactivated" when it comes to scrapbooking. This is my year to come back! :) Love you, sis! Thanks for coming to see us off at the airport! Made the delay much more enjoyable. XOXO from your Moosie baby.

Lorraine said...

My studio looks alot like yours and it drives me absolutely crazy! I have brain freeze all the time! LOL! My 4 kids have sucked all the cerebral juices out of me!

JazzyH said...

I say you can do it.

Marilyn said...

Wow - 250 stamp sets - I haven't counted mine - too scared to do that!! Good luck with your organizing!! And don't have too much fun outside in all that snow you've gotten - you could send a little down south - we could use some snow here in Texas!! :)